Friday, November 6, 2009

Though the world is fast asleep...

I tried and Tried but I couldn't get it to embed in the actual post so...The link below is the scene from Mary Poppins singing her every famous lullaby Stay awake...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yC_voMY6kY

Stay awake, don't rest your head
Don't lie down upon your bed
While the moon drifts in the skies
Stay awake, don't close your eyes

Though the world is fast asleep
Though your pillow's soft and deep
You're not sleepy as you seem
Stay awake, don't nod and dream
Stay awake, don't nod and dream

Now...The reason behind the post!
Isaac REFUSES to sleep through the night! I have tried everything I can think of. Night Lights, Laying down with him in his bed, reading stories on his bed before bedtime, warm baths, warm milk (which to that he said, "ross! dat yucky! I can't like it!"), rocking before bed, rocking him to sleep, no naps during the day, keeping him up later, putting a handle cover on the inside of his door, giving him a massage with lavender scented lotion....Short of dipping his Binky in NyQuil (which I'm very much aware is highly frowned upon) I'm at a loss!! He gets up in the middle of the night and crawls into bed with us...which would be fine if he would lay still while he slept, but he doesn't! So when that happens HE sleeps, (I'm not sure how well but he is sleeping) but Greg and I get no sleep at all! So if any of you have any suggestions I haven't tried...please!!! I'm begging you! I need sleep! Greg needs sleep! But most of all Isaac needs sleep! I feel like he hasn't slept in months!

No comments: