Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Impressive

This is a total brag post!
Last Saturday I threw a baby shower for my friend, and neighbor. She is having their first boy (they have 2 girls) and decided to do a jungle theme. I was so excited because for Isaac we did Noah's Ark/animal theme so I had all the stuff to decorate for it.  I've never thrown anyone a baby shower before so I was pretty impressed with myself.
I used the jungle kid plates and cups, I used receiving blankets for the table cloth. I stuffed travel size baby items (wash, shampoo, lotion, baby powder) in a rolled up crib bumper, and then set that with the crib quilt as the center piece (which was more on the side). I also put plastic animals around the table (elephant, zebra, tiger and lion). I found some tall vases and wrapped  some animal print ribbon around them for the red vines and animal crackers.

We had blue berry lemonade, Veggie cups, Red vines, Animal crackers with cake mix dip, meatballs, chocolate chip cookie dough frosted brownies and (her favorite) Lime bars.
I made cake pops for the favors.

I made paper lantern things and hung them all over. The ones over the table were animal print and the rest were made from boy themed scrapbook paper I had.

I also made this to hang on the front door.

Those were all the pictures I got because once we all got to talking, we were having too much fun to remember to take pictures.
Not bad for my first baby shower huh?!
It was so much fun! I'm totally hooked now!



1 comment:

Kelly Potter said...

AWESOME!!! I love that wreath.. you'll have to share your pattern/idea!!