Sunday, August 31, 2008

Funny Discoveries

So Saturday as Isaac is driving me crazy and I have run completely out of patience by 10am, Greg says to me, "Honey, why don't you take the boys somewhere?" And I think to my self...are you insane?! You want me to take 2 boys...under the age of 2 out in public by my self?! But of course I didn't say it, I just made up some excuse as to why I couldn't. I eventually decided that I should just pull my self up by my boot straps and do it. So I packed up my 2 boys and we went to the park. The discovery?! It felt so good to get out of the house. Isaac was amazing and Gary slept in the snugly the whole time! I rewarded him with chicken nuggets from McDonald's and we came home. Isaac slept for 3 hrs and when he got up we went out again! I managed to go to Wal-Mart (lets face it, you may fight them and not want them in your town but we all know that when they come, because they will come, you'll shop there!!) and then to the mall with out spending any money! The only money I spent that day was the gas in my car and the $3 for lunch! I was so impressed with my self restraint and Isaac being so good all day as we basically spent the whole day killing time. No purpose what so ever being out or being where we were, just to kill time and pass the day. Our Saturday was filled with absolute pointless wanderings. I got nothing accomplished but it sure felt good to just be out of the house!!! When Greg is right it's a love hate relationship. I love that his advice worked and hate the fact that I didn't think of it and doubted him!

2 comments:

Dan and Julianna said...

You kill me! I am so glad that you enjoyed getting out. I love the love hate relationship don't you? Ug!

Nadia said...

Well done Sonya. Fun to see what's going on with you.