Monday, May 4, 2009

My life IS Glamorous!

I spent the last weekend at my moms house with no kids! It was so nice to have a break from the everyday tantrums, whining, dishes, laundry, cooking, cleaning (which on Thursday, as far as I was concerned, that is what my life consisted of) Greg offered to stay home with the boys so I could have a break and spend time with my mom and dad. I left Friday afternoon and just got home today (Monday) about 230.

I always go to the branch with my mom (My dad serves as the ward clerk) when I go. The branch pres. loves the boys when I bring them so with or with out the boys, I go to the singles branch. S

We get to church and one of my HS friends walks in and sits in the back with her new hubby. I was Glad to see her but, lets face it, we weren't BEST friends so it's not like it was jumping up and down screaming to see that she was there. After sacrament as people flocked around her, I got up and went to Sunday school. My mom asked if I wanted to go say hi, and after looking and noticing that i would have to stand in line to do so, decided that it wasn't THAT important. Selfish? Maybe. We went to Sunday school, awesome lesson, and then relief society, awesome lesson, and then left for home. On they way home, after discussing it with my mother, I came to a realization.

I sat in sacrament meeting and listened to this old friend talk about her travels and her "glamorous" life with her hubby and couldn't help but feel insecure and think to my self "She's so lucky!! Once again she gets the fabulous life where she gets to travel the world and go places that I would love to see but most likely never will. I'm just a stay at home mom that wipes poopey butts, cleans up puke, gets drenched trying to get my 2 splashy kids clean at night, dishes, laundry, dishes, poopey butts, pukey floors, more laundry...and so on!" I sat there feeling insignificant and extremely insecure! Then my inner "You Rockness" kicked me in the butt and I was overwhelmed with this feeling of, WHO CARES!!!! Who cares if she travels the world. Who cares what she's doing. My life is glamorous! It's glamorous in a totally different way. While shes out going who knows where, I'm at home, with my kids. My 2 wonderful boys witnessing tiny miracles. Watching 2 little people learn and discover who they are, what they like, what they dislike, how to play with one another, learning and growing. I get to remind tiny spirits of who they are and where they come from. My Isaac, at 2, can count to 10 without assistance, he recently learned w.x.y.z of the alphabet. Our Gary just learned to crawl with his tummy off the floor, and now has 3 teeth with 1 more coming through. He pulls him self up and is getting braver about learning to walk. I have the privilege of comforting a crying baby simply by picking him up. I get to care for, love, and spend all day with children who love me and are perfectly happy spending all day at home playing with their mom and/or dad! It's not that her life isn't glamorous, or my life isn't glamorous! They are glamorous in totally different ways! So I've been trying to remember, my life is not one to compare to others. My life is just that, MINE!! It's only as glamorous as I make it. There's no getting away from poopy butts, spit up, dishes and laundry. I try to focus on the good in life, the teaching, the growing, the mini miracles.
I think we need to stop comparing our lives to that of others. So what if your house isn't as big as theirs. So what if you're not even in a house but so desperately want to be (me). If you have a roof, food, clothes and love, you've got it made!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am fairly certain I know EXACTLY who you were talking about, but let me tell you, Miz Sonya, that you. Are. AWESOME! And I wouldn't change a thing about you. :)
Loves!
Janet