Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Trip to Cali!

This last weekend we took a trip to California to visit my grandparents who have been serving a mission in Nauvoo for the past 2 yrs. They left 2 weeks before Isaac was born and had only seen him for 10 mins between flights when they flew back for a funeral.
It was a very short trip leaving Friday morning putting us there about 4 Friday afternoon (it's a good 7-7.5 hr drive) We got there and just relaxed, had a super yummy pork roast dinner. Saturday we went up to Mt. Shasta to play in the snow! and then back to the house to hang out some more. Isaac played outside, all day, everyday while we were there! Their yard is totally fenced off so it was nice to just turn him loose! It was nice weather (and by nice i mean low to mid 60's) and all in all very relaxing. Grampa showed me the garden, orchard and green house. gave me tips for my future garden and watering needs. I wish I had pics but silly me forgot the camera and believe it or not, I can't get my pics off my phone because our computer has no slot for memory cards....that I can find (help Greg!). We left Sunday morning and got home around 3 or 4. We had a blast and Grama and Grampa had a blast with the boys! they were down on the floor playing with them the whole time! I have never heard my Grama laugh so much in my entire life!! It was fun for Gary to meet his namesake and learn how to crawl while we were there. Isaac loved playing outside with the swing set, bike, wagon, and all the room he had to just run and be a curious little boy!!

No comments: