Thursday, April 2, 2009

I let my kids walk barefoot

I know...2 posts in 1 day?! Wow! But this just cracked me up so I had to share!

I babysit this little girl that is the same age as Isaac. I think their a whopping 2 weeks apart. I was taking her home and had to wake up Isaac. So I took Celest and Gary down to the car and then I got Isaac out of bed (he's got on basketball shorts and a t-shirt). I threw on his Seahawks hoodie and wrapped him in his blanket (its like 40 outside) and took him down and put him in the car. I dropped Celest off with her sister and then came home. I took Gary out of the car and then unbuckled Isaac so he could climb out. He did and we headed the entire 10 feet to the bottom of the stairs at our apartment. One of our neighbors was getting out of her car (I have never spoken to this particular neighbor, not for any reason, just because we have never needed to or really had anything to say to each other) looked at Isaac and asked, "shouldn't he have shoes on?" I looked at her, then looked at him, and said, "No." and finished hauling my kids up the stairs and inside. She didn't seem like it really offended her or for that matter really effected her. I just laughed! It's 10 feet and 13 stairs!! Does he really need shoes?! What's he gonna step on....a rock?! I realize there COULD be hazardous stuff but I pay attention and it's not like we live with a bunch of druggies so there's needles all over the ground! It's just nature! I believe it was meant to be stepped on. Shoes or no shoes!

No comments: