Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Homemade Hot Chocolate!

There is just something about it! Am I right?! Of course I am! Hot Chocolate is like a Blanket for your soul! It's a great Pick me up in the morning. It can calm ANY tantrum, Just ask Bubba! It can make you feel better on a cold rainy morning! It's best when too chocolaty and almost too hot with a little marshmallow on the top! This Hot Chocolate has been a staple in our house this fall season! Our apartment gets very little light which is a DRASTIC Change from our last which got sun through the slider in the morning and sun in the bedrooms in the afternoon/evening. Now because we are ground floor and surrounded by 8ft tall rock walls and bushes...Zero Sun :( My soul craves sun and warmth! This hot chocolate is like sunshine for my soul! It's always been amazing to me how food can be so comforting and how different foods mean different things to people. What may just me a piece of toast and a cup of hot chocolate to you, to me it's a reminder of early morning breakfasts with my dad before he left for work at 5 am! To me it's comfort food and sometimes all I want. What may be, again, just a simple piece of toast (our family really likes toast) and a hard boiled egg to you, to me brings memories of my dear grandparents, and sitting at their breakfast counter in the HUGE over sized chairs that seemed like mountains to climb just to sit! It reminds me of the way my Grampa smelled on a Sunday morning! It reminds me of my Grama and how she always made sure we always had something good to eat whenever we were there! Always Oreos in the cookie jar! Hot chocolate is universal! It's made Thousands of ways! The best part is no matter how you make it....it just makes you feel good! This is how I make mine!

No comments: