Friday, October 30, 2009

I decided to assist in the Halloween spirit, which I seem to be missing this year, I would get the boys into the kitchen and we would make some festive cupcakes! It was adventure to say the least. I love cooking with my kids, but lets face it, any parent about to attempt what has been accomplished here needs to arm them selves with 4 things, Excedrin, A water bottle, Patience and a Smile because your kids will only have as much fun as you're having! WE had a BLAST doing this! It was Extremely messy and twice as much fun!
Bubba LOVES to help! Bear is quickly learning that being helpful means there's a chance that you might also get messy, which is enough for him, He's sold!
Stirring is an essential part of life! It's a life skill! Even Bear, at 15 months, learned it!

Proper paper cup placement is crucial when making cupcakes!

Bubba's job was to frost the cupcakes

I think his tongue got more frosting than the cupcakes!
Holla!!!!! These are Super Yummy!

The finished Product!
We used fondant to get the shapes! It was my first time using it and the boys loved making the smiley faces....and eating it!

I combined a lime green and the pumpkin orange to make this Fall leaf

Frankenstein Twins!
Isaac LOVED cutting these out for me!

Pumpkins
So much easier then carving the real thing!
Ghosts

All in all it was a very messy morning but well worth it! The boys had a blast and when all was said and done we had some tasty treats to snack on!
Happy Halloween and Happy Fall to you all!!

3 comments:

Rice Family said...

So fun! Why is it that the messiest activities are the most fun??? Very cute cupcakes!

SonyaB said...

I think Gary has it right with the mess therory...If it doesn't make a mess, it can't be that much fun! I guess that's why Cleaning isn't that much fun! LoL!
Thank you guys for the Fondant Isaac has had a blast with it!

Unknown said...

I don't think your boys could be any cuter! Miss you!!