Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter, Sun, LotsOpics

Easter was a long event this year.
It started with Daddy taking the boys to his company Easter Party

Saturday we went to Grama and Grampas house to paint eggs, hunt for eggs, and eat an amazing lunch


The boys also picked me a flower! Awwww

When we got home it was still super sunny and there were things to get done so the boys played outside on their new Play set while Daddy did some yard work.

Bear loves to Hang

And practice his mad soccer skills


Bubba loves the telescope

and slide

Sunday morning we found the Easter bunny had delivered eggs to our front porch
-one of the benefits of living in a neighborhood like ours is that you can trust your neighbors so that when they do nice things like this, you don't have to worry to much about where they came from-

We then had our own little egg hunt in the rain in our backyard


The boys enjoying their treasures

After church I taught the boys about Jesus dying on the cross and being resurrected.

I love using the eggs as a teaching tool. It is a really cool lesson to teach younger kids the true meaning of Easter. Bubba is 4 yrs old and by the end of the story he can tell it back to you!
It is very moving to hear him tell you about how they sold Jesus and then made him wear a "crown of poky things" and then made him carry the cross and then "Bang bang bang nails in his hands a feet with a hammer" and then wrap him in cloth and put him in the tomb. and how after 3 days "Mary came and cried saying 'where's Jesus' and He came to her and said 'Don't cry Mary, I'm Ok' and that's called Resurrection!"

I am so grateful for my Savior and the sacrifice he made by dying for our sins so that we can live with our Father in Heaven again. I am Grateful for my boys and the special spirit they bring into our home. They make me want to be a better person. I am grateful for the love and quick forgiveness they have.
This time of year always makes me look at my life and remind myself of all my blessings and how lucky I really am, and wonderful life really is!

With that being said, I would like to wish you all a Happy Easter and a Very Happy Spring!

No comments: