Monday, March 21, 2011

Dear Diary

In case I haven't mentioned this before. I married the Greatest guy in the whole world! He is a Great Father, and Excellent provider, and takes care of me in every way possible.
Just this past weekend he surprised me with a little parental getaway.
Monday night he told me we were going on a trip. We would be getting on a plane Thursday morning, early, and flying out of state...That's all he told me. Anxiety immediately set in. Tuesday I started cleaning, laundry, dishes, straightening up. Wednesday I couldn't take the mystery any longer. I cleaned like a maniac to keep my mind off the fact that he would be packing for me. I wouldn't know what I had to wear, I had no clue where we were going or what we were doing. All I knew is that we were flying somewhere out of state and we would be gone for 4 days!!! My mind was racing with the "Where's and What's"  I finished all the laundry. Finished all the dishes. Picked up every room. Packed the boys. Painted my nails. Made cookies. Packed food for the boys while they stayed at their Grandma and Grandpa's. I was a wreck!!
I LOVE Surprises but we later decided that 48 hrs was a little too much.
I took the boys down to Grama and Grampas and then came home, washed the 6 dishes in the sink by hand, picked random fuzzies out of the carpet, swept and mopped...again, and then Greg got home. We tried to go to bed but couldn't sleep. He couldn't take it either. He finally couldn't contain himself anymore and told me we would be flying to LA!!! He still wouldn't tell me why, or what we would be doing. Instead he had printed off all of our destinations on a piece of paper and covered them with strips of colored paper that I got to pull off as we went.
Thursday: 3am we got up, loaded the car and headed to the air port.  We Landed in LA at about 9am, got our rental car, and headed to the Long Beach Art Museum. We had an amazing lunch at the restaurant at the art museum and then drove down to Palm Springs! I am in love with Palm Springs. Seriously, I could live there.  We ate at Las Casuelas, which was SUPER Yummy!!! We walked the Street fair they have every Thursday night called Village Fest. So much fun. So many musicians, vendors and amazing smelling food (we didn't eat any because we had just eaten).  So surreal and SO much fun. After we had our fill of Village Fest we went back to the hotel .
Friday: After Breakfast we get in the car and I get to pull off the next strip of paper "Baseball Game"  Awesome! I love baseball!  He then points out WHERE this baseball game is .... Peoria AZ .... WHAT?!?! We're headed to SPRING TRAINING!!!!!  and just like that we're off to Arizona!!  Saw my first wild cactus and we even saw the "Google maps street view" car with camera on top of the car!  We got into Peoria at about Noon and went to our first Spring Training game!! Mariners Vs Diamond Backs. We sat in the grass, in the sun, in our shorts and t-shirts (because it was 80 degrees!).  We had so much fun. Stayed at the Crown Plaza that night. Amazing!
Saturday: Took our time headed back to LA. We talked, sang, laughed, stopped for anything we wanted. We love road trips and that was the perfect one!  We stayed at the Hilton that night! TOTALLY AMAZING!!!
Sunday: Up and to the airport to head home! It was raining and chilly.  Flew back into Sea-Tac at 10:30. It was overcast and FREEZING!! But it's good to be home!!!

THURSDAY:
4am at the Airport, excited to go to LA

Baywatch lifeguard towers!

Lunch at Long Beach

He had to have our pics in front of the towers

So we did!

Our rental car....with WA Plates!

Welcome to Palm Springs

Dinner in Palm Springs

This guy was amazing, and selling his CD

Merilyn Monroe

Boys and Girls Club Jazz Band ....
So Amazing!!

I have video of them but I can't get it to upload right now...I've been trying for the past 45 mins >=/


FRIDAY:
Seriously In LOVE with Palm Springs

Cardinals Stadium in Arizona

At SPRING TRAINING!!!!

Just so you know, This is what Heaven looks like!

80 degrees + Baseball in AZ = Couldn't be Happier then right now!


Out side the stadium they had these HUGE baseballs with the Team Logos on them

What happens when Washingtonians go to Arizona in March?
They get Sun burned.
This is NOTHIN Compared to his legs!

SATURDAY:
Cactus...

We saw this sign and had to turn around so that we could get a picture of it.
just in case common sense has escaped you:

Totally in Love with This Guy

Oh - and we saw a plane crash. We didn't see it Crash...we saw it after it had crashed.

LA Freeways

Our View from the Hilton
At night

SUNDAY:
What LA looked like when we left

Headed home

The flight home was super bumpy. We even ALMOST got hit with lightning!! It was a tad scary.
We made it home. and it is Good to be home. I feel so much better. Happier, more patience, motivated to do what I should be doing. I just all around feel better.
It was an AMAZING Trip and I LOVE that he knew that it would be just what I needed!!!
Thanks Babe! I Love you TONS!!!!

1 comment:

Joie said...

That was SO sweet of him! Honestly, more men could learn a little something from Mr. Buchanan!!

Glad you had fun!!