Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Independence Day

First of all;
How CUTE are these 2?! Their cousin was having her Birthday Party and they picked out their own clothes and wanted me to "put their hair up"

4th of July! Independence Day!
We had a Blast!!
Bear HATES Fireworks so he spent a good portion of the day wearing his ear muffs. And MORE than happy to do it!

Bubba was fine with the fireworks, but the later it got, the louder it got so he decided he needed some too.
He also has a new hobby he's working on. The Hula Hoop

I figured that since our last family picture was when Bear was 6 months old, and he'll be 3 on the 15th, we needed a new family pic. So here it is!

The boys LOVED having their cousins over to play all day!

Our neighborhood had a small block party to celebrate our Independence!
This was before it really got goin!
Needless to say, we really know how to party!

And since Bear hated the fireworks, I spent the first part of the evening inside, in the kitchen playing and talking (which was more like yelling since he couldn't hear me with his ear muffs on) with him. He was perfectly happy, as long as we were in the kitchen, with his ear muffs on.

I, of course, made a cake!
Which was very patriotic, both outside
AND IN!!!

The brave ones doing the sparklers (Or Sprinklers and Mickey kept calling them)

This is my fav. Picture of the night!

Bubba safe and comfy on the porch

Bear safe and comfy in the kitchen

I went out and bought some Crayola Glow Chalk for the kids to do. It was pretty cool.
Some of the art work



Awwww. So sweet!
He put on a great show for everyone!

Bubba had to take a little rest. No he's not asleep.

But it didn't take long for him to get that way.
Bubba's first sleepover!

All in all it was a GREAT day! There was amazing food. Laughing kids. A Pool, slip n slide, water balloons, fireworks...So much fun!

Oh- and did anyone notice the name change of our blog?!



Meet our little Girl!

Time to go Shopping for pink paint and dresses!!

5 comments:

Alainna Beus said...

That is the one of the COOLEST cakes I've ever seen!! How'd you do that? I'm esp impressed with the red cake in the corner and the stripes. Wow. Love it.

I said it on facebook, but I'll say it again -- CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on the girl! How fun!!!!

Janet said...

The cake? Amazing.

The little girl? Phenomenal! SOOOOO excited for you, Sonya!!!!

Jon & Margaret Leavitt said...

Congratulations!!! Now that I have two boys, I am dying for a girl (not pregnant though)!!!!! I can't wait to buy pink and cute clothes, I hope you have so much fun doing it!!!

Sandy said...

Congrats on your little girl! You have the cutest boys and I'm sure your girl will be dressed in pink every day of her life!!
Neat cake, by the way.

Rice Family said...

Congrats on your little girl! So excited for you guys! Your boys will have to teach her all their wrestling moves, and she can teach them how to put their own hair up ;)