Thursday, August 25, 2011

Random Thoughts

 Today has been a random thought kind of day.
It's been a good day. Better than most lately. Summer has finally arrived and we've been having some pretty nice weather. Not Hot Hot, but nice and warm! 80's nice and warm. We've been playing outside a lot, and doing a lot of sprinkler time. We always come in around 1 for quiet time but today the boys wanted to come in early. So we came in and played games. I love that they are getting old enough to play games with. I'm not a creative person, in the sense that I can't come up with fun toddlerish games out of the blue like my Aunt can! She is amazing at coming up with fun things to do with her toddler. I often find myself reading her blog thinking to myself "Why didn't I think of that?! It's so obvious!" I lean more towards the board games. Today we busted out Twister. WOW! The boys were pretty good at it. Gary especially! We also played Candy land and some air hockey. It was after a dispute over who was the winner that I decided it was quiet time.  Usually quiet time consists of (don't judge) blankets on the couch and chairs watching Martha Stewart and Rachel Ray. To which Gary usually falls asleep and Isaac likes to watch the cooking parts.
 Today Martha had on some one making a traditional Vietnamese soup called Pho. You can see the segment here. It was pretty cool (mainly because I am a huge fan of food from other countries) and Isaac thought that it looked cool to eat with chop sticks so I made some "throw random stuff in a pot" noodle soup, and hooked him up with some chop sticks and let him mess around with them. I can't eat with chop sticks so Greg and I decided to have Veggie noodles for lunch on Sunday and Greg can teach the boys how to eat with chop sticks (there will most likely be pics).
 
In other news, Greg dug up more of our garden area today and the boys have a little patch of dirt to play in. They are happy boys...well at least Gary is. They spent the morning building dirt castles!



Oh yah. And Greg bought me a new shirt after a bit of a rough day. I love it! Plus it looks really awesome with a 6 month prego belly!
It says "Respect My Authority"

2 comments:

Alainna Beus said...

You seem like such a good Mom! Spending so much time outside with your boys, playing games with them, etc...Based on your blog posts, it always seems like you guys are active and your life is full. It takes a lot of energy being a Mom and it sounds like you're keeping up with them. It totally inspires me. I love that they watch the cooking show during their quiet time! Haha! That's awesome!

Rice Family said...

I once had a friend tell me that each mom is so different it is silly to compare ourselves to each other. Some moms are really good at letting their kids be creative, some moms are really good at giving their kids structure, some moms are really good at taking their kids on outings ... the list goes on and on. You are a unique and wonderful mom! Letting your boys cook and eat with chopsticks is proof! :)