Monday, June 18, 2012

Montessori

Isaac has been done with preschool for 2 weeks now and he is all out of whack. He's been really moody and grumpy and I could not figure out why; and then I realized that it's probably because he misses the structure and stability of school! So I sat down with him and went through the picture his teacher sent home on a CD. It made his eyes light up to see all the things he used to do at school.  So I'm working on a "summer schedule" so that life is a little more structured while he is home from school during the summer.

When it was his snack day he got to do the dishes after everyone was done with snack.

I love that even during "recess" the learning continued. This is where he learned to color inside of a shape!

Word/picture recognition

Writing skills. She has words on the white strip of paper and he copies what he sees onto the pink paper.

Learning to count to 100

"I DID IT!!!"

Counting from 10-20

"Father's Day Feast"

At the beginning of the year they took a field trip to a farm and pumpkin patch. I love that sibling were invited. They had so much fun together!

Even science was involved.
He was mixing different colored water to see what happened.
I love that he wore protective eye wear!

Isaac reading!

Needless to say, I think I need to come up with some of these activities to do at home so that he can have a sense of normality until he starts Kindergarten this fall, and so that he can retain most of what he learned at pre school.

Thank you Mrs. Shawna for helping Isaac grow into the thoughtful, kind, super smart little boy he is today! Thank you for having patience, and loving all his little quirks, that make him who he is. Your hard work and love have not gone unappreciated! We love you!!!





No comments: