Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Smart Man!

Sometimes, something gets said from one person to another that maybe shouldn't have. "Tradition" is that said person (usaly the man) will bring home an offering to the offended party.
This, is not my man!
He is all about buying me flowers because I'm not expecting it!
He is all about bringing home a box of chocolates because he thought they looked good and wanted me to have some to share with him!
He is all about making sure I know he loves me on random occasions.
I don't get flowers if he's messed up. I don't usually get flowers on v-day or my birthday.
Sometimes I get them on mother's day, but only when I don't think I am!
He is very sneaky with his offerings of love and effection. He is very good about catching me off gaurd, and he is VERY good at suprising me. He likes to go over the top for, what seem to others, small stuff! This time it was the ever-favorite time of year, tax return! He came walking through the door, flowers, card, chocolates, sparkling cider and smile in tow.
The chocolates were gone within an hour, the sparkling cider was nice and bubbly, the smile said he was up to something and the card was sweet and made my eyes wet. Tucked away inside the card was the printed out version of the email he got that said our tax return would be deposited into our bank account in a couple days!  Ahhhhhhhh Sweet Relief!!
You see, with said return, came an amazing blessing! The chance to pay off student loans, credit cards and paying off the rest of our car loan.  It means having a little extra in savings.  It meant being completely (except for the house) out of debt! What a sigh of relief!!!
Greg is amazing with finances and he has kept us (sometimes miraculously) above water. We have an odd way of doing things but it's our odd way, and it works!
Thank you babe for doin what you do! and again, Thank you for my beautiful flowers!!

No comments: