Monday, March 22, 2010

Tatoos, Fish, and the House

We went to the State Farm Easter Party last Saturday. The boys had a blast. We hunted eggs, went fishing (which is where we got these cool tattoos), ate cupcakes and other yummy treats, did a ball toss, made foam picture frames. . .all in all, it was laughter and smiles!
Isaac was not thrilled about his tattoo. He begged and begged me to put it on him and the minute I did he cried and cried.


I have been called to be the sunbeam teacher in our ward. I made sure the primary president was aware we
wouldn't be there that long and she said it would be ok so I very gladly accepted the calling! I have always wanted to teach sunbeams! I love that age! They are figuring out what they like, they are developing opinions, and for the most part, they know the answers (or at least can come up with super creative answers) to the basic gosple principle. Last week our lesson was on Being Greatful for fish. And I made this super cute hand out. I was very proud of myself. They were a big hit!

We finally got all of our trusses up! Greg and some of our rockin neighbors spent almost all day up on the roof making sure everything was nailed off so that we could get it sheeted. Greg had to walk out onto the porch beam which is only supported by 2 2x6's. One is nailed to it and then stood up on the ground. the other is naied to that board and then nailed to the wall. It was very nerve racking.

This is the house with all the trusses up and ready to be sheeted! The guy waving is one of our neighbors.

The roof has been sheeted but I don't have a picture of that yet. I will be getting one with in the next day, hopefully before it gets roofed, but if not, o-well.
Next is all the sub-contractors who will come in and do the plumbing, electrical, and lay out the countertops!

No comments: