Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Big P.T. Part II

Well we've learned a lot these past 2 weeks with all this potty training business.
*Never underestimate the will of a 3 yr old.  If he needs to, he will. If he doesn't, he wont. It's just that simple!
*Soap. Stock up on it. They go through it like crazy, especially if they're in there every 45 mins to an hour going potty! I swear we went through 1/2 a bottle just this last week!
*Cut all liquid supply after 5 pm. Otherwise he will be up till 10pm every 30 mins needing to go potty!
*The first day he goes all day with no accidents you'll wanna scream, I actually did!

So far Bubba has gone 2 days in a row with no accidents. After each day I have felt like I could Conquer the world! I could do anything! I also had an extra scoop of Ice Cream! His victory is our victory! The thought of having 1 less diaper to change, the fact that the diapers will last longer, it thrills me, and us, and everyone!!
Potty Training is not easy. If you just take it one day at a time, and remember that he wont be the only kid in kindergarten in diapers (mainly because they have to be potty trained to start school), he'll get it! He'll do it! Some kids are more stubborn than others. Some kids are not as diligent. Some you really have to stay on them to go.  Bubba did really well! I think it was harder for me than him. I'm not good at remembering to remind him, and I don't have a lot of patience to stand in there and wait for him to go. But he got it, he did it, and I fee like we're nearing the end of this potty training journey, at least until it's Bear's turn. So for all you who are entering or considering or going on this not so wonderful journey, Keep at it. Dive in head first! Go at it and go strong! Muscle your way through Day 5 because that is the day that you will want to give up! Don't let him give up and you don't either! It will happen and you will be much happier when it's done!! Good luck!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh potty training! If you had asked me after Kelsey I would have said that it was easy...every child could do it before they were two and I didn't see what the big deal was. Fast forward to the fourth child I would have told you it was impossible why wouldn't he get it. I tried every method. He was 3 for cryin out loud lol. Every kid is different and they all get it at their own speed. Congrats so far! Good luck!!