Monday, November 22, 2010

He's Amazing!!

Snow; Day 2! Still loving it!
The boys are fascinated by the snow.
Loving every  minute it sticks around.

Our little piece of sunshine buried in the snow

Rockin little snowman buried in a 2nd coating of snow

The boys attempted to ride their bikes out in the snow, in the backyard this morning

Some of my favorite snow shots today
Out my kitchen window

This guy sits in my window sill

Another window decoration

Little bear fell asleep sitting on the couch.
Sweet bear was so tired!
The boys and I had an appointment this morning so we had to venture out into the fluffy white stuff! Daddy was scrapping all the ice and snow off my car I got the boys in the car. Bubba says to me, "Daddy is scratching the ice off your car so fast! He's Amazing!!" I just smiled and responded "yes he is buddy! Yes. He. Is!"
Driving in the snow is not new to me. It's not my favorite thing to do, but I do know how to do it.
I was only 10 mins late to our appointment, which I was impressed with.
The roads weren't to bad on the way there. mostly wet and slushy. Not really Icy at all. My gas light came on but that was the worst of it. 
Got to the appointment, the boys were amazing, which made me happy. and we were in and out fairly quick.  On the way home it was a Ice rink! Trucks were sliding everywhere. Cars were slamming on their breaks to get out of the way of the giant trucks sliding towards them. MAX Speed of 10mph. I decided to take the freeway. I figured that it would be cleared and be doing better than the in town roads...WRONG!!! Max speed there was 20mph. I was headed east. Going west I counted at least 4 accidents, in a 10 mile stretch. It was a MESS! I was stressed out! I was afraid I was going to run out of gas (I didn't thankfully), the Hubs had to get to work (he was taking my car because it's more reliable) and people were sliding all over the place. It only took me an hour to get home (a drive that usually only takes 20-30 mins). We made it home safely. Daddy made it to work safely. And the snow is still falling strong!!
So here's to the snow! May you enjoy it, drive safely in it, and enjoy every flake that falls onto your little piece of paradise!

No comments: