Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Today's The Day!!!!

Our Final inspection is today!!! Nerves are on the rise. Anxiety is setting in. And what have I been doing for the past 2 days?!
Taking care of Him:

Poor Bubba woke up Sunday Morning with a fever of 104!! I stripped him down and it dropped to 102. By noon it was back up at 104.8 so we took him into urgent care. After an X-Ray, Blood work, a strep test, and urine sample (yes, Daddy got our 3 yr old, only been potty trained for 3 months, to go potty into a cup! Way to go Daddy!) They have no Idea why he has a fever! Our instructions were to take him home, give him Tylenol every 4 hrs and if it doesn't improve in  2 or 3 days to bring him back in.  So home we went! All night I woke up every 4 hrs, gave him Tylenol. It kept his fever down to 102 (yah...that's WITH Tylenol!) Yesterday his Tylenol was wearing off 2-3  hrs after he took it and his fever was spiking back up to 104 and sometimes 105!! SCARY!!! I called his Dr. and the nurse told me to double up. Tylenol, 2hrs later Motrin, 2 hrs later Tylenol....etc. So I went and got him some Motrin gave him some about 530/6pm, My Aunt K came down to help me out and by 7pm he was down to 98.9!! WOOHOO!!!! Aunt K White tornado'd my living room and kitchen, packing and cleaning! Thank you SO Much K!  I finally got him to eat something and drink some Gatorade. He slept all night and the highest his temp got was 100.8! I'm glad he is doing better. Bear is also Glad he is feeling better. Bubba has been sleeping for the past 2 days. So Bear has been lonely.
This is where he's been while Bubba sleeps.
Laying next to him, poking him, climbing and jumping on him. Just trying to play with him.
He's glad to have his brother back!
I loved my cuddly calm sleepy little boy. Hated that he was sick, but loved how sweet he was. I'm glad he's back to his normal chatty, rambunctious self! Welcome back Bubba!

3 comments:

Jon & Margaret Leavitt said...

That's awful that he was that sick, I'm glad he is feeling better! :) Did the doctors check for a UTI (I know it's unusual in boys, but Andrew actually has a condition that he has to get fixed and they found it cause his symptom was a fever and nothing else)? And Good luck today with your final inspection, I'm soo happy for you guys!!!

SonyaB said...

That was why they did the Urine Test. To check for a UTI. It came out negitive. It's still a mystery. He's still sleepy today, but I think that might be the motrin, because his fever is down to high 99s and low 100s. He has a dr apt with his pediatrician tomorrow morning.

Rice Family said...

Poor little guy!!! I hate having a sick baby- You feel so helpless ... lots of good wishes going your way today for your inspection! :)